As of Monday, September 14th, we will be OPEN with limited hours. We are still offering curbside pickup for those that do not feel comfortable coming into the library.
Our new limited hours will be:
Mondays & Wednesdays: 9am to 1pm
Tuesdays & Thursdays: 3pm to 6pm
Saturdays: 9am to 12pm
For patron and staff safety, we ask that everyone wears a mask when in the library, practices social distancing, and sanitizes their hands upon entry of the building. All in-person programs are currently still on hold.
To search our online catalog, visit https://hlccvt.org/search-our-catalog/. You can put items in a cart, and email it to the library by clicking on the envelope icon under “Share” and emailing to email@example.com. Your sign-in is your Highgate Library Card number. The password is the word read, all lower case.
Or to reach us with your requests, do one of the following:
All books that are returned will be quarantined for 5 days before being added back into the collection and made available to the public.
As a general reminder:
- Card renewals as well as issuing new library cards can be done via email or by calling the library.
- Our WiFi does reach the parking spaces in the front of the building, so feel free to drive up and log on! The network is TOH-PUBLIC and the Password: Sh0rtSt0ry
- If you have any questions please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call us at 802-868-3970.
Did you know you can check out Learn and Discover Book Bags for your child? These themed backpacks are also available for curbside pick-up. Some of the themes are:
Fairy Tales, Young Scientist, Food, Earth, Animals, Outer Space, Bears, Healthy Habits, The Alphabet, Five Senses, Bugs, Food, Jobs, Life in the Ocean, and more!
LEGO STAMPING ART
Online Resources: if you are not already using our downloadable ebook and audiobook services https://gmlc.overdrive.com/ we encourage you to do so. You DO need a library card number and a pin code. Most accounts are pre-set with the pin code read. We can open an account for you over the phone and assist you in accessing this service. You can also get ebooks for free at https://www.gutenburg.org
Other online resources:
- Learning Express – https://www.learningexpresshub.com/?AuthToken=8B905414-22EB-4B42-9E72-23A7892AC3F5
Users will create an account
- Vermont Online Library – https://vtonlinelib.org/vol_h53
Users will be geo-identified, or may need to enter a password or their library card number
- Universal Class – https://vermontstate.universalclass.com/barcode-login.htm?enter+code or http://bit.ly/vtlib_uc
Users will enter their library card number
- FamilySearch – https://www.familysearch.org/
- Newspapers.com and Ancestry.com (only for VT resources) – You can read about it here – https://libraries.vermont.gov/online_library/digital_newspapers and sign up here – https://secure.vermont.gov/myvermont/
Book returns: If you are healthy enough to do so you may drop them in our outside book return.
Please know that we will continue to monitor the situation and are seeking new ways to safely serve our library community. We will continue to update our website, Facebook page, and postings outside the library.
As a public service, the Vermont Department of Libraries has created this Corona Virus information page:
HLCC Knit and Crochet Social Time
Whats Going On at the Library?
A Week at the Highgate Library…
Here’s what we have going on at the Library each week
Messy Mondays: (10:00AM-11:00AM) beginning January 13th. Children and families are invited to join us for some hands on fun during Messy Mondays. Each week we will have a new activity that allows children to get their hands dirty while expanding their mind.
Story Hour Wednesdays & Saturdays: (10:00AM-11:00AM) Read, enjoy a fun project, and a healthy snack. Sponsored by The Family Center: Parent Child Center of Northwestern Counseling & Support Services
We’re offering kids the opportunity to get MESSY without the worries of ruining anything. Any projects you don’t want to do in your house, we will be doing in our backyard! Each week we will have a new activity that allows children to get their hands dirty while expanding their mind.
(Smocks will be provided)
All Ages Welcome
Every Wednesday & Saturday
Story Hour Wednesdays & Saturdays: (10:00AM-11:00AM) Read, enjoy a fun project, and a healthy snack. Sponsored by The Family Center: Parent Child Center of Northwestern Counseling & Support Services.